If your music notation software has separated your musical work into numerous PDFs, the following steps can be taken to combine multiple files into one PDF. Your musical software may also have a way to merge parts and scores together before saving to PDF (e.g. see Finale's ScoreMerger).
- Select all of the PDF files you want to merge and open with the "Preview" application.
- Select the "Thumbnails" view at the top right hand corner of the page.
- From here you can organize the listing of your PDFs using the thumbnails on the left side of the window.
- Once you have organized the correct listing for your PDF if you need to delete pages then select the "Contact Sheet" view at the top right hand corner of the page.
- From here you will be able to delete (or move) individual pages in your PDF.
- When you are done manipulating your PDF, choose "Print" from the "File" menu.
- When the Print viewer opens, go to the "PDF" drop down menu at the bottom left of the viewer and select "Save as PDF".
- Name your file and select a location for the file to be saved.
- Click "Save" and you're finished!
- Open your file using Adobe Acrobat.
- Under "view" go to "Task Buttons", then select "Show All Task Buttons" and click "Create PDF".
- Under "Create" click "Merge Files" and select the PDFs you want to combine.
- From here you can organize the listing of your PDFs using buttons on the left side of the window.
- Under "File" select "Save As..." and select a location and name for your new PDF.