How SLC Works
Simply Liturgical Composers (SLC) is a tool to help you self-publish your music through its parent website, Simply Liturgical Music (SLM). This tool includes a plethora of information and resources to help you understand the publishing world and how to properly prepare your music for publication. It also works on your behalf to obtain copyright permissions from liturgical text copyright holders such as ICEL, CCD, GIA, and the USCCB. Other important details include:
- You earn 40% royalties
- You retain 100% rights to your music (you are "self-publishing"... with our help)
- This resource is non-exclusive (you can sell your compositions elsewhere as well)
Responsibilities of the Composer
- Create quality music that is Liturgically, Theologically, and Pastorally sound.
- Seek out critical reviews from fellow composers (see Composer Review).
- Engrave all music to be picture perfect - ready to sell in PDF format (see PDF 101).
- Create and engrave a congregational (assembly) PDF (see Assembly PDF).
- [Optional] Create an MP3 recording of the composition (see MP3's 101). Can't provide an MP3? Visit our SLC Studio page.
- Obtain copyright permissions for any NON-LITURGICAL text or music that is not an original creation (see Copyrights 101) SLM will obtain copyright permissions for the use of any Liturgical texts - see Liturgical Texts.
What SLC will do for you
- Obtain copyright permissions for the use of Liturgical texts in your music (see Liturgical Texts).
(Composer may choose to do this for the benefit of selling their music outside of SLM)
- Add your music to SLM's OneLicense.net account (see OneLicense).
(Composer may choose to do this for the benefit of receiving 100% royalties from reprint permissions)
- Provide a plethora of resources to help you prepare your composition for submission:
- Provide a recording studio service in exchange for 10% of composition royalties (see SLC Studio).
- Provide an innovative website platform (slmusic.org) to sell your music.
- Provide marketing for your music via social media, convention presence, and more.
- Provide a user agreement that is just and fair for all parties involved (see Terms and Conditions)
- And much more!
READY TO DO THIS?
Then Sign Up Today!
Then Sign Up Today!